Thursday, December 25, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
dlittlegarden handknits are available in the following colors
row1: Tomato Red, Pale Lilac, Royal Blue
row2: Hot Magenta, Peacock Teal, Goldenrod Yellow
row3: Wet Cement, Fresh Cream, Frozen Fog
row4: Tobacco Green, Union Blue, Old Leather
I guess I could also settle for a 1968 pink paisley Tele....
I busybusy this weekend, knitting my fingers to nubs for the shop, breaking to take the dogs out. It's gorgeous and sunny, though close to freezing outside. I took Cinder and Camille on the roof this morning, where there were patches of ice. They love running, pouncing and sliding on the ice, then scraping it with their teeth and licking up the shavings. Love the pure joy they have!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
1. Christopher Street Cowl, 2. Upper East Slouch- Magenta, 3. stevecowl purple cowl sq, 4. Brawl on Bowery - Hot Magenta, 5. Upper East Slouch hats, 6. Brawl on Bowery mitts - Fresh Cream, 7. Upper East Slouches together, 8. i heart knitting in the round, 9. Teal a, 10. steve uniqlo sq, 11. Modeled Lilac, 12. Brawl on Bowery mitts - Pale Lilac
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
in Union Blue (navy) have just been added to the shop
More to come!
Monday, December 08, 2008
But now, with freezing temperatures and 40 mph winds blowing off the East River, the lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, ice skating at Bryant park, and Starbucks selling a gazillion gingerbread-flavored lattes, it can only mean one thing:
The project has given me the opportunity to collaborate with a fantastic person whose blog I've followed with dedication; it's challenged me creatively to push my designs where I've never gone before; it's required me to keep quite alllllll this time.
And I still can't reveal the surprise!
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. When I am sick and have a fever, I have a reoccurring dream that a judgemental male elf is demanding that I accomplish a series of tasks that defy physics (ie, pushing a Land Cruiser with its emergency brakes on into a passenger elevator, then out the window of a high rise, making it land in the pool 25 stories below). I always argue with the elf for a few minutes before attempting his task, and at the last minute, succeeding. I've had this dream as long as I can remember, though the tasks are always different.
2. I'm compulsive about some mundane processes and feel peace in the repetition and completion of them, though others drive me crazy. I love washing dishes by hand, but I can't stand ironing.
3. When I was a kid I punched a boy in the stomach when he told me I was going to hell because I didn't believe in Santa Claus. Then I told him I didn't believe in hell, either. (I was SO badass.)
4. People tell me I resemble a gelfling from Dark Crystal. Not sure how I feel about that....
5. I was a total skeptic until I had a very convincing and personal encounter with a ghost at my parents' house.
6. Nothing makes me happier than:
- stormy weather
- scratchy wool
- pistachio ice cream
Shayna of Favorite Colors and The Cabinhouse, who always has incredible projects going
The beautiful Skye, with her idyllic life by the sea
Tavi the bold, girl wonder
My big sis
The inimitable Sue of Della Street Dreaming
Dreamy Esme and the Lane Way
Sunday, December 07, 2008
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
The rest of the weekend consisted of knitting for my etsy shop, and for Cinder. Here he is modeling his new winter sweater:
Isn't he a natural? Something else very exciting is taking place today, but I'll save that for a later post...!