Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happiness is... new beauty products

FYI, for anyone interested in makeup:

Yesterday I noticed my coworker rocking some gorgeously long, natural-looking lashes. When I asked her what new mascara she was wearing she told me it was this stuff, which she'd read about in a magazine. The brush and formula gave her excellent individual lash definition, was smudge-proof enough for her to put it on her bottom lashes, and didn't give her the feeling that her lashes were shelaced together. Having long suffered with inferior mascara products, and always up for a drugstore makeup binge, I rushed off to buy myself some. While there, I happily discovered that the mineral makeup craze started by Bare Escentuals seems to have reached the bargain brands. I'd wanted to try this stuff for a while, but didn't really feel like shelling out major cash. Physicians Formula offered the perfect solution for me- their Organic Wear line. I bought their loose powder in beige for $13.95 or something, and tried it today. It coats evenly and feels creamy on, and matches my skin tone perfectly (which never happens)! I'm totally obsessed.

3 comments:

malcomama said...

I've seen this at Fred Meyer! I'll have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Daph--your post reminded me of a site run by an old high school friend of mine:

http://www.cybelesays.com/

Don't judge.

JB

Anonymous said...

Mineral makeup is AMAZING. If you like trying new stuff, this is what I use:
http://www.everydayminerals.com/

I just ordered a free sample of it and only had to pay shipping ($4) and I got a good amount of stuff that I picked out myself! I'm not one to buy makeup online either, but this stuff is FAB-U-LOUS.