Friday, January 23, 2009

Water Lilies Cowl FO




Pattern: Feather and Fan pattern in the round over 10 pattern repeats

Yarn: Araucania Yarns Magallanes in color 312, scored in swap with Mamichan

Needles: Size 10 Denise interchangables

Thoughts: I've had an overwhelming outpouring of support from friends and family in the aftermath of my breakup, and I'm busying myself making thank you knits. There's something very comforting about the simple feather and fan pattern -- the equal parts increasing and decreasing is very meditative. The thick and thin yarn in this beautiful colorway was satisfying to knit with, and after rinsing and blocking, it is super soft. Two friends who I'm making thank you knits for would look stunning in this colorway, and luckily I have another ball, so I might be making another one just like this.