The Loopy Knitter, Jennifer, tagged me a while back to complete the 7 Truths meme. Jennifer, I'm sorry for the delay!
-Link the person who tagged you.
-Tell seven truths about you either funny/different.
-Tag seven people at the end of your blog entry.
-Leave a message at their blog to tell them they’ve been tagged.
1. I dabble in foodie-ism. I am not a food snob, but I hope to someday become one. I love trying new cuisine, and rarely come across something that I can't appreciate. Except watermelon flesh. I can't stand watermelon flesh, though I do like a pickled watermelon rind. These strong feelings against watermelon predate my foodie years, though. As I've mentioned on the blog before, I looooove pickles and all other foods preserved and/or fermented by ancient processes. I'm counting beer, wine and other alcohols among this group.
2. As a kid, I believed I would become a successful artist or fashion designer. Somewhere along the way, oh let's say mid- high school, I lost my confidence (anyone else experienced this phenomenon in high school?) I ended up studying Art History at a liberal arts school instead of fashion design at Parsons, as previously determined. While I loved Art History and excelled at it, I am now trying to make it up to myself for not supporting my dream to the fullest. Knitting is a part of this endeavor, but not the full picture. As things develop and I feel more comfortable with it, I hope to share more on this blog.
3. I have subway rage, which is similar to road rage. I can't stand train passengers who lose all sense of courtesy and common sense during commuting hours, and bulldoze their way into a car before allowing people to exit. Five days a week, I have to elbow my way through the same pushy woman at the West 4th station in order to make my stop.
4. When I was 2 years old, I got pneumonia and was rushed to the ER where I was strapped in a straight jacket-type garment in order to get a spinal tap. Now, whenever I have a bad cold, I can smell the phantom scent of that emergency room.
5. I claim to hate movies that make me jump, and yet, lots of my favorites do just that:
-Paths of Glory
-Full Metal Jacket
-Shaun of the Dead
6. I am a compulsive knuckle popper. I can pop 15 joints in my hands, as well as my wrists, back, neck, jaw (TMJ), knees, elbows, shoulders, sternum, hips, toes, ankles and this weird pseudo-joint inside my foot. I tried quiting once when I was in 4th grade, but it didn't go well.
7. I cannot scream to save my life. In college, I worked for a women's organization that helped prevent assaults on campus, and part of our self defense training was to practice screaming. I worked hard on it during a weekend retreat, and could hardly make a squeak. I keep hoping that if I ever come up against a situation when I need to scream, it will suddenly come to me. Luckily, I haven't encountered any such occasion yet. I'm good with the punching, though.