Friday, November 23, 2007

Lucky Cap FO

I knitted a quick cap yesterday while watching the National Dog Show and A Walk Through the Bronx (part of a great series of walking tours of the NYC boroughs) and waiting for the turkey to cook through.


Pattern: Lucky Cap, my own pattern


Yarn: Beaverslide fisherman weight wool in Tamarack


Needles: Size 10.5 Clover bamboo dpns


Reactions:

Pattern- I pretty much made this pattern up as I went along, casting on 66 stitches. I knit in the round, creating a k1, p1 ribbing for 2 inches, and then knitting a single horseshoe cable and the rest in reverse stockinette.

Yarn- I'm already a fan of Beaverslide's yarns and roving, but this Tamarack stuff really pleased me. When I ordered it online, I thought it was just a dark chocolate brown with some flecks of white, but when I was knitting with it, I realized that it also has bits and fibers of bright yellow, which looks great with the brown! It doesn't really show in these pictures (the sun was already on it's way out at 4:00 pm today), but just trust me- it's there. The fisherman weight yarn also has this great felted-type quality to it, so it's light-weight but chunky. I love that.

3 comments:

malcomama said...

OOOOh! It's pretty and chunky!

goodkarma said...

Such a charming hat, just right with your hair cut!

Ted and Amy Jean said...

Boo, you made this in ONE sitting? You are knit genius. Is there a woolen cap for a man that I might have? On the road home from Salem Hospital tonight, my neck was hurting so bad, I guess from straining to see in the rain and dark, so I wrapped around it my beloved sage green scarf ... and, yes, by the time I got to Gladstone, my neck was warm, relaxed ... no pain! Soooo looking forward to seeing you in December, my Second. I love you. dad