Sunday, May 18, 2008

Feast

I had the priviledge of dining at an extremely sought-after restaurant last Monday night, thanks to friend and foodie, Tom. I joined him, his lovely fiance, and their foodie friend at Momofuko Ko after he scored reservations for 4 online- the only way to secure seats at the chefs' counter of this 14 seat restaurant. My words on the subject will not be adequate to describe the beauty of the dishes we tasted, so if you're curious, please read the articles linked above. I felt it was necessary, though, to document here that I did indeed have the pleasure to enjoy a true food experience at this fabulous establishment. Thank you, Tom, for including me! I can still taste the fois gras shavings as they melted in my mouth....

3 comments:

dacy said...

Oh, soooo jealous. I read the times article recently, it sounds amazing!

malcomama said...

sounds incredible...if only we could all eat that way each day!

goodkarma said...

Oooh, I just read about this restaurant a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe I know someone who got in! I think the chef/owner's motives and plan are interesting and I like that he's leveled the playing field, so to speak, so that anyone has an equal chance to get a seat and the tiny restaurant won't be filled with industry folks all the time. I'm glad to hear it was so delicious, too!