Saturday, May 06, 2006

Motley crew





I've been struggling with my circular needles lately. Up until this point, I'd just buy the needles called for in whatever pattern I was about to start. It was working fine until I realized that I have like, 3 or 4 pairs of size 6 circs ranging from 24"-32". There's got to be a better way!

The solution: I decided to buy myself a set of Denise interchangables today. After reading Knitter's Review's take on the circs and discovering that some very talented knit/bloggers use them, I figured, what the hell? I'll give 'em a try. My early predictions:
eh.... They're plastic, but I'm not strictly against plastic. I like the cord join to the needles. It's smoother than on Clovers, but the method of connecting to the needle by twisting until you hear a subtle click is a bit flimsy, especially with the size 5's. Seems like they might disconnect just as easily while trying to maneuvre for a 5 stitch bobble or something. I'm not allowing myself to cast on for another project until at least one of my WIPs is finished, but I'll let you know what I think as soon as I've given them a test drive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You gave in!