Thursday, June 29, 2006

now I'm beginning to have some fun


Hi folks. I'm currently at my parents' compound in Portland, and now that all the physical moving is behind me, I'm really beginning to unwind. I really enjoyed my last drive down I-5 on Tuesday. I've made the trip so many times in the past 4 years, I could do it with my eyes closed, but this time I really looked around me and tried to soak in the northwest scenery.

If you're familiar with the section of the I-5 that I'm talking about, you'll know there's a farmer in central Washington who likes to share his political views with drivers-by by posting them on a huge billboard on his property. Usually I just grit my teeth and mutter angrily when I read his ponderings but this time, I burst out laughing. I wish I was fast enough with my camera to get a picture. His billboard read, "Don't you think immigrants should have to wait 21 years to vote? I did." Most troubling to me was why this opinionated person would waste 3 perfectly legal voting years before finally turning in his first ballet....




My parents' house is so easy to relax in, and luckily, the weather has been gorgeous for the past few days. Still, I need to get moving. Yesterday I went to Knit/Purl with my sister and she was so taken by the Habu yarns' packaging that she decided she must learn to knit in order to justify the purchasing of some Silk Mohair Kusa! I'll be stopping by the nearest yarn shop to pick up some learn-to-knit supplies. More on that later.


5 comments:

noblinknits said...

That's the stuff! It's certainly freeing to pack up and move on. I'm going travelling in August and am starting to chuck things out so I don't have to store it all and don't have to come back to the huge burden of TOO MUCH STUFF.

Larjmarj said...

Nice pics, I set the last one with the leaves as my desk top, it looks like a collage.

Anonymous said...

i miss you already!
i'll call you soon to hear about NYC...

Melissa said...

and when your sister comes to visit you in nyc, you can really blow her mind by taking her to the habu showroom. oh, it will just make her go crazy!

Anonymous said...

It's possible he turned 21 before the voting age was reduced to 18. That happened in 1971, and if he's the age of many farmers he'd have been 21 well before that.