Monday, December 17, 2007

Knitted Christmas Gift #4 Revealed!


Pattern: Woven Trellis Scarf by Kristen TenDyke, from Vogue Knits Holiday Issue 2006

Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Black Cherry Heather

Needles: Brittany Birch dpns, size 8

Modifications: none


Reactions:

-Pattern: I had this project in mind for my mom since last year, when the pattern was featured on the cover of Vogue Knits. The look of the finished scarf was really neat, and unlike entrelac scarves that have a similar woven look, this one was reversible. The instructions were clear, but the actual knitting was ETERNAL. Sooooo much knitting, all the long finished cords flapping around when you're knitting the last few-- ugh. My sister gasped when she saw the scarf, but I quashed her hopes right away. I'm never making another one of these! I'll opt for an entrelac version next time. However, I do love the tactility of this scarf. It's so squishy, and you can really play with its volume, either pulling it longer and narrower, or fluffing it up.

-Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes is a work horse staple in my stash. This was the first time I used the heathered variety, though, and it seemed much smoother and silkier to knit with. I like it! There was very slight variation in the shade from yard to yard, which really emphasized the texture in the end result.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! It's beautiful Daphne, and you're mom looks so happy!! Good job!

goodkarma said...

Your mom is so cute! I love the puffy scarf, so cozy!