Sunday, December 23, 2007

Knitted Christmas Gift #9 Revealed!



Pattern: Baby Bamboo Stripey Scarf for Lil MC, my own pattern

Yarn: Bernat Bamboo yarn in Corn and Dill, 1 skein each

Needles: Size 9 thrifted aluminum straights


Reactions:

- Pattern: Again, this project was so simple, it doesn't seem right to call it a pattern, but still. I wanted to knit a baby-sized scarf for Lil MC because I find it hilarious to dress babies up in clothes with structure, or that require a certain jauntiness to pull off. I also was just gifted by a coworker with two balls of this bamboo yarn and I was dying to try it for the first time. Straight-forward garter stitch over maybe 25 stitches + 2 rows of each color, alternating until yarn runs out = baby scarf!

-Yarn: Ooh, this was very nice. Smooth, cool to the touch, very shiny.... What's not to like? I will definitely get this stuff again for future baby projects. The yarn is very loosely plied with a small (nylon?) thread, so it's kind of got a boucle quality to it. I like the color choices offered in the line, but I wish they would stray a bit further from traditional baby colors. A nice slate would be a good addition, making the combination possibilities more versatile.

No comments: