Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Knitted Christmas Gift #6 Revealed!


Pattern: Fingerless Mitts for Brother T, my own pattern

Yarn: Handpainted Yarn's Worsted, colorway forgotten, 1 skein

Needles: Size 8 Brittnay Birch dpns


Reactions:

-Pattern: As you might remember from last year, knitting simple fingerless mitts is an addiction of mine. I wanted to make something very simple, useful and "hip" for my brother, the college student, and again I convinced myself that fingerless mitts were the answer. My brother has long, narrow hands, so I knit the finger section longer than one might expect, but they fit him like a glove (he he).



-Yarn: I had this great, manly colorway (They aren't really purple, like shown above. They're more black and brown.) patiently waiting in my stash, and thought it would be just the thing to give a little extra something-something to this project. Look at how the colors pooled and spiraled around the mitts! I like it- looks like flames.

No comments: